Click below for availabilty
Features / Benefits
Benefits are shown below but not limited to:
1. Option of 12mm ball screw or lead screw
2. Elimination of X axis twist, vital if you are machining regularly (no upgrade other kit addresses this)
3. Better accuracy all round than comparable openbuild kits
4. Smoother drive and smoother motion with linear rails
5. Easier to build than the wheel type motion
6. Rigidity built in, on every axis there is no need to upgrade further.
7. Thicker, better lead nuts, or ball nuts
8. You can machine harder, faster and deeper with this kit
9. Production machining times are much shorter
10. Larger tool bits can be used for clearance areas
11. Keeps the original C-Beam extrusions
12. Use more of your Z gantry
13. Easier maintenance
14. No need to regularly check wheels, bearings and postion of wheels!
15. Rigidity plates bolt to the Y axis V-beams, preventing sway from side to side when machining in X direction, again no other upgrade kit addresses this issue.
16. Dedicated lead nut & ball screw mounts to enhance rigidity
Mechanical kit Consists of:
Aluminium Extrusion 1500mm, 1000mm, or 350mm, 12mm ball screw, length to suit extrusion, machined to fit, ball nut & ball mount, Motor end plate, non motor end plate, Stepper motor spacers, thrust bearings, shims
3 of 15mm HGH type linear rail motion actuators 1000mm (or 1500mm), 12mm ball screws and ball screw mounts
1 of 15mm HGH type rail motion actuators 250mm, 12mm ball screws and ball screw mounts
Anti-Twist Tall Y gantry plates
Extra C-Beam for Anti-Twist, eliminates twist on the X axis completely
Taller End plates to allow full use of 250mm Z (normal use is around 50mm travel only)
X/Z Gantry linear motion drive
2 of Drag chains, X and Y, Drag chain fixing plates, Drag chain support for X axis
Complete base frame to support spoil board (not including spoil board), with 4 of rigidity plates for Y c-beams (stops the Y c-beams moving in or out, attaches to base to enhance rigidity)
Nema 23 motor mounts
Corner brackets to secure all extrusions in place
All hardware (bolts, nuts, washers etc) to assemble for all above
Belt or Rack drive for longer than 1.5M Y axis
Spindle Not included
Comparison between MGN15 and HGH15 type rails, for those considering which to go for as part of a WorkBee upgrade.
Note the prolific use of the words, tiny, miniature and so on for the MGx type sets...
The MGx were developed for laboratory use, in runners, PCB insertion, drawers and so on.
Main Applications for MGx type linear rails
1. Miniature devices
2. Medical equipment
3. IC manufacturing equipment
4. Small X-Y table such as PCB insert
Also, for visual, look here: https://a360.co/3qUV94s
There is a very clear difference. Consider which would break first when subject to high CNC force.
Ballscrew / Lead screw
1000x3000 (BB1030) Belt or Rack Drive option
1500x3000 (BB1530) Belt or Rack Drive option
The dimensions are based on the available C-Beam extrusions from UK / EU suppliers and Openbuilds in the USA.
Belt is steel re-inforced belt drive, not rubber, minimum steel belt width is 15mm.
Rack is Mod1 type, direct drive or optional reducer.
Prices are not fixed at this time due to the ever fluctuating shipping worldwide caused by Covid which is why weask you to contact us with details of your inquiry.
Once we have a stable shipping cost environment we will announce prices. We hope this to be around end of April to beginning of May